Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Experiementation- Diminishing Complication


Recently I have done obsessive amount of digital manipulation to my photographs, not necessarily or pertaining to pictures of myself only. Ok, I would never consider myself narcissistic or a master of digital manipulation. I would say self portraits are a good way to experiment and explore. And you can always TRY to get it right later by reshooting the same thing easily. Also I am not a big fan of digital manipulated photos as I would like to keep the 'integrity' of the scene as it is. However, I was pretty inspired by tonnes of beautifully manipulated pictures out there so I would like to give it a try too.

I guess I am obsessed with complexity currently, as you can see from the layering of 'stuff' in a pretty straight forward and bland portrait. This picture was taken long ago and I just used it for manipulation purpose. The background or the layered pictures are actually pictures I took as a bnw series done on 'nature'. It is a theme that I enjoyed doing and fits my notion of being 'complex'. I admit I am not 100% satisfied with what I have as I still feel it's not complex enough? I think I have a problem here. I may manipulate it further and post it up. MMM....

1 comment:

JeRmS said...

ahah omg you and I have not blogged in ages! and whats wrong with DI on yourself lol self is teh ebst p[lace to begin exploring